Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys have any input on which of these two would be better on a 5.3 LS in a 66HT that will be a street machine/daily driver? Also, any thoughts on 2.5" vs 3" exhaust? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good info. I wonder what kind of torque difference there is between the two headers. 2.5" pipes for fitment sounds like its a better solution

·
Registered
271 Posts
Good info. I wonder what kind of torque difference there is between the two headers. 2.5" pipes for fitment sounds like its a better solution
If you plan on no hp mods to a 5.3 LS engine, 2&1/4 would be a better choice. 3 inch guaranteed hp and torque loss. The 2009 Corvette base LS3 (430 HP) came with 2.5 exhaust.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Plan for the 5.3 is cam and valve train upgrade and tune. Target 400-450 flywheel hp, all coming in before 5500 rpm. Basically a strong dependable daily driver type that is manageable to drive. (i.e. so the misses can drive as well if she wants to). So, looks like 2.5" may be the best route. Thanks also ismdeuce.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Plan for the 5.3 is cam and valve train upgrade and tune. Target 400-450 flywheel hp, all coming in before 5500 rpm. Basically a strong dependable daily driver type that is manageable to drive. (i.e. so the misses can drive as well if she wants to). So, looks like 2.5" may be the best route. Thanks also ismdeuce.
Sounds like a plan. Headers with 1&3/4 primary tubes would be ideal.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
99.999% certain I'm going with CBR headers. Just not sure whether to go with the mid length or long tubes from the

1 - 7 of 7 Posts