Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vendor
7,081 Posts
Pics won’t open. What vintage CBR parts are you working with? Manual or power rack?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
One more try to post pics. Anyway, this is a manual rack that i purchased this past Christmas, I assume it is the latest version. This is on a '64 by the way.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
That’s a new one to me.. I’ve never seen or heard of anyone carving up an engine mount bracket.. Maybe most of the others I’ve seen are power racks with LS engines..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These are aftermarket engine mounts. I bought them so I wouldn't have to hack up the originals. Looking side by side, the originals would have needed more carving. I'm wondering if there is a steering shaft extension I am missing?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Even if you did have another shaft segment and U joint, the U joint off of the rack would still be intruding into the engine frame stand and need some clearance..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you ever get this resolved? It looks like I may have the same issue. I tried to test fit the borgeson joint on the rack by the engine frame mount and I can’t not get it to fit. It looks like I will have to remove the frame mount to attach the joint and then put the mount back. However I don’t think I I’ll have clearance for the joint/steering shaft on the rack to clear that mount. I have the entire CBR kit with a manual rack.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you ever get this resolved? It looks like I may have the same issue. I tried to test fit the borgeson joint on the rack by the engine frame mount and I can’t not get it to fit. It looks like I will have to remove the frame mount to attach the joint and then put the mount back. However I don’t think I I’ll have clearance for the joint/steering shaft on the rack to clear that mount. I have the entire CBR kit with a manual rack.
I went with the aftermarket mount and trimmed as needed to clear the steering joint.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Again many thanks. It looks like my setup is just a bit different than yours. I only have two borgeson joints. One at the end of the steering column and one at the rack attached at the frame mount area. I know my rack attaches a little differently than the previous version Church Boys offered. I don’t have the billet c-clamps that grasp around the rack. My rack has eyelets for the bolts to pass through to attach it to the crossmember. Not sure if that changes the angle or location in comparison to the previous design. The frame mounts look similar to yours so it looks like I purchased the correct ones. I will still have some grinding to do but I hope not as much. I'm concerned about the structural integrity if I trim too much.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts