Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had a melt down of both 40 amp fuses on my Entrophy Radiator. This is the second time in about 2 years.
AC149072-B9EE-4531-ABBD-F411F9EB7421.jpeg
This time it screwed up one of the connectors. Has anybody else had this problem. Thinking of cutting of original connectors and using the bigger sized 40amp fuses.

·
6,497 Posts
Thinking of cutting of original connectors and using the bigger sized 40amp fuses.
I think that might be a good thing to do. Years ago the small ATC fuses only went up to a 30A size and then when they offered the 40A it seemed to me that they were pushing what the legs and contact area of the fuse could handle. The small ATC fuses I think went from around a 5A to a 30A then the 40's showed up but then the Maxi fuses started at around 10A but went up to 60A but then also had larger legs and more contact surface area and are fine. Of they were to offer something like a 100A in a maxi fuse to me that would be pushing the limits of what the legs could handle and then if one needed a 100A fuse, then go to the next style like an ANL or ANN.

Jim

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I put the maxi holder and fuses in there yesterday. Hopefully that takes care of it. I’m just curious if other people with this setup have had this issue. If so the manufacturer needs to take notice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts