Chevy Nova Forum banner

CBR Alignment

1475 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Nova 404
First time poster, long time (sort of) follower. I was going to try and get an alignment tommorow on my 64 wagon with cbr uppers and lowers. It is stock height and has a manual rack. Looking for some figures to tell the alignment tech if he requires them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Front tires size is a key here.Skinnies or wide tires. Toe in 0-1/16th camber "O"
Caster is a choice you need to make.If your older(tires shoulders/week arms) 1.5-2.0 positive caster will work well with minimal steering effort.The more positive caster you have the more stable the car is at speed and the quicker the steering will return to center when coming out of a corner,the down side is the more caster you have the harder the steering is a low speeds.I know guys that have run as much as 5.0 degrees positive caster with a manual rack but my old shoulders do not like over 2.0 degrees positive caster with skinny front tires.Hope this helps you out:D
Front tires size is a key here.Skinnies or wide tires. Toe in 0-1/16th camber "O"
Caster is a choice you need to make.If your older(tires shoulders/week arms) 1.5-2.0 positive caster will work well with minimal steering effort.The more positive caster you have the more stable the car is at speed and the quicker the steering will return to center when coming out of a corner,the down side is the more caster you have the harder the steering is a low speeds.I know guys that have run as much as 5.0 degrees positive camber with a manual rack but my old shoulders do not like over 2.0 degrees positive camber with skinny front tires.Hope this helps you out:D
Also the more camber and toe you run will shorten you're tire life. RICK
Good information here! Thanks!

Mark
Currently running 215 45R 17's up front. That is some great info about the camber. Thanks for the help.
Great job Brian explaining that!! As always a fountain of useful information!::D
Caster is a choice you need to make.If your older(tires shoulders/week arms) 1.5-2.0 positive caster will work well with minimal steering effort.The more positive caster you have the more stable the car is at speed and the quicker the steering will return to center when coming out of a corner,the down side is the more caster you have the harder the steering is a low speeds.I know guys that have run as much as 5.0 degrees positive camber with a manual rack but my old shoulders do not like over 2.0 degrees positive camber with skinny front tires.Hope this helps you out:D
I think you mean caster for steering effort...... That much camber would wear out a set of tires quick....
I think my alignment guy said he put 4.5" on camber.
I have bfg 155/80/15s which are like 24.5" up front with my cbr set up.
I love it! Drives like a newer maxima as far as I'm concerned.
I think you mean caster for steering effort...... That much camber would wear out a set of tires quick....
Thanks fixed the original post:eek:
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.