Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I currently have a Edelbrock 750cfm on my car and I think it is just to big. The motor is a 355 with Weiland single plane intake, Stock heads, and stock manifolds. I think the Carburetor is WAY to big. A friend of mine gave my a couple carbs he had laying around told me to pick one and he'd sell it to me cheep. He handed me a Holley 600cfm I put that on and it was leaking fuel from what I think is the pump, or something like that. The I put the Carter 600cfm on and the primary was constantly dripping fuel. I was wondering If it was worth it to get one of these and trying to rebuild it or just save for a new one ?
Thanks, Craig

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
what compression and cam are running?? if its a mild 355 then i would switch to a dual plan intake and a 600 cfm carb..

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Wieland single plane intake
Is that anything like Weiand?
A 750 is not WAY too big for a 350. Get rid of the single plane intake and use a Performer or whatever brand you prefer, and a 750 will work fine--maybe even the Ede......never mind!
If you are buying a NEW carb, try a Holley 670 Street Avenger--If you can find a good Q-Jet builder, go that way.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what compression and cam are running?? if its a mild 355 then i would switch to a dual plan intake and a 600 cfm carb..
I have no idea the motor was in the car when I got it.

·
Registered
847 Posts
On a 350 with a ramjet cam and vortec heads, the Holley 750 (vac. secondaries) left me me with the impression that throttle response could be crisper. Switched it out to a Holley 600(vac sec.) and WHAT! Way better throttle response, would wind up very smoothly. If Your 350 has a high Volumetric efficiency then stay with the 750. Otherwise try rebuilding that 600.:cool:

Hows the Triumph coming along?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I think I'm going to buy that Holley anyway it would be like $25 to get it, so it won't break the bank or anything.

The triumph is anther story, took off the carbs and cleaned the crap out of them. I can't find any forums like this or good sites to get parts from. There is no dealer near me so that doesn't help. I really need to take it and get keys made, might to that this weeks, my dad keeps going for rides on his Harley, I personally think he reves it when he leaves just to spite me.haha

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Not too big. I am running an Eddy 750 on a 350 with a Weiand Stealth dual plane intake, reworked stock heads, Comp Cam XE262. Runs and starts good, super strong, love it.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
My old chevy 301 motor ran awesome with a holley 750 and dual plane manifold. Sold it a while back. I personally never had trouble with that carb. $25 is a steal even if it needs some parts. Is it vac or mechanical secondaries?

Was planning on getting a carb for my current motor rebuilt from Big Al. Maybe he'll chime in here.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's Vac secondaries.

Could the Single plane intake be my problem then ? Or possible just a mix of parts. I really wish I knew what cam and everything was in this motor.

·
Registered
308 Posts
single plane no headers and stock heads sounds like a gaggle
however the edle 750 1406 will work just fine
im carb retarded and i have it running 16.0 afr down the highways and 12.4 wide open
im tuning with a fast wideband and using the edle tune kit if it came with a 70 37 metering rod my track metering and road metering would be perfect but i need to pick them up as they were not in the kit
what i would suggest is buying a wideband tuner dosent have to read both banks like mine but wow you then know just what the car is doing at all times
just my thoughts
josh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts