Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
my neighbor just gave me a carburetor and I am having trouble Identifying it. so on the base of the body it has a stamp 7051SA. then another stamp on the front mfd usa carter-weber for motorcraft. then it has a tag D5TZ9510 AG G2A24. im trying to see if it will work on my 62 194 block because the monojet I have on it is missing parts that im having trouble finding.

here are some pictures

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so Now I’m pretty sure it’s a Carter YFA built in the 70’s the climatic control being attached to the carb threw me off so is there a way to fit this to my 1962 3.2L 194 I’m seeing the main difference is that the climatic control is on the carb instead of in the intake manifold and I believe your supposed to have a line going from the choke on the carb to somewhere on the engine.
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
31 Posts
According to the tag number, that carb was intended for a 1975 Ford pickup, 300 cid six. Maybe you could use it, if it matched the bolt pattern on the manifold, and the throttle could be hooked up, but you'd be better off getting a Rochester B-model to get your 194 going. Since you mentioned you had a Monojet already, is the 194 the original engine? Monojets were used from 1968 up, as original equipment. Tempermental beasts...
Just my 2 cents.

·
Super Moderator
3,844 Posts
Man, sometimes I think the BV Rochesters are the hardest to dial in. It wouldn't be the first Chevy II 6 cylinder I've found with a Carter YF on top of it to try to eliminate the Rochester. I'm thinking the one in the picture will have some considerable linkage issues with the lever/rod in a Chevy II.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts