Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the weather becoming warmer and 70° temps predicted for tomorrow and Saturday, Cars & Coffee in Irvine (Alton, just south of I-5 Freeway) should bring a huge car gathering of all years, makes, and models. Went a couple weeks ago and was not disappointed. Going again this Saturday, called Jim (Last Wagon) and he's game to meet at Knowlwood Restaurant at 5:45 a.m, depart at 6:00. Anybody else want to join us and check this impressive cruise-in? Knowlwood is located at 14952 Sand Canyon Ave, Irvine, 92618. Hope to see a few "early birds" show up and then caravan south on 5, exit at Alton, left at light, right on Gateway, and you'll see the sea of mild to wild machinery (oldies to newbies) lined up to get into the Mazda Corporate parking lot. Hope you can make it.....RK

·
Registered
450 Posts
Knowlwoods is also located right by the entrance to Orange County International Raceway which is now long gone. Some oldtimers will know.

Cars and Coffee, IMO, is the best weekly car show in So Cal. There is something for everyone.

Have fun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey rk,
Ill meet you guys at 5:45 been going for the last few weekends last weekend was freezing
See you guys there
Erick,

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Knowlwoods is also located right by the entrance to Orange County International Raceway which is now long gone. Some oldtimers will know.

Cars and Coffee, IMO, is the best weekly car show in So Cal. There is something for everyone.

Have fun.
I officially qualify as an oldtimer then!! Raced the old Nova there once back in the day too!! See ya in the morning RK. Like you said, nice weather should bring out a lot of cars and since I'm a "fair weather" kind of guy, I wouldn't miss it!!
Joe

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Joe, Erick, and Jim for getting up way early and driving out to Irvine for the huge cruise-in, which was jam-packed by 7:30 this morning!

·
Registered
6 Posts
No problem rk always up for it if im free
I Found out why my car wasnt running right, one spark plug wire was rubbing against my header which was causing it to misfire
Easy fix
Post some pictures please!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Didn't take a lot of photo's, but here are the few I took.

Nova Row
Funny how the 3rd gen owners feel the need to show off what's under the hood.

62 grand prix

The owner of this VW had a VW engine powered fire pump in the bed of his crew cab. Also, after talking to him, I found out he bought my first house 23 years ago.

Mr IDA

Breakfast at Knowlwoods after Cars and Coffee

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Thanks for the pics Jim. And you're welcome RK!! It was a great cruise and worth getting up early for. Glad you found the problem Erick and made the drive all the way from Long Beach!!
Joe
P.S. Do you even have an engine under your hood Jim??
:confused::D

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
HOW THE HECK DID I MISS THIS! :mad:
I NEVER EVEN SEEN THIS THREAD! I WOULDA CAME OUT AND HUNG WITH YOU GUYS!
:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts