Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, Im getting ready to install carpet in my car and trying to figure out if a stock style carpet is going to fit over the tunnel. I had to bump it up for the tko-600 and need to know if I can use a stock width carpet. What have you guys used?

Also If stock carpet will work what style should I get 4 speed or automatic?

Thanks

Paul

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
I am looking to do the same thing. How much work did you have to do to the floor to make things work?? Shifter hump is on the center on the tko right?? I have a super t-10 now and going to go with the tko but didn't want to cut up floor too much and have to deal with carpet issues .

·
Registered
33 Posts
In my 62, I used a standard carpet kit after I modified the hump for my TKO600. I did not use the offset shifter location, so I did not install a 4-speed"bump-out" so I used a carpet moulded for an automatic car. It worked OK, but the carpet ended up sticking up in between the bucket seats due to the trans hump being taller. I built it up with sound deadener to taper it a bit.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I bought new carpet for an automatic........it don't fit. It doesn't reach all the way to the sill plates.
Looks like I'll have to have it professionally done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts