Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
CARLOS SS - Chevy SS Coupe 1971

Year: 1971

Model: Chevy SS Coupe (Argentina)

Engine: 250 6-cylinders in line.

Body/Exterior: light blue.

Front End: original.

Transmission: ZF gearbox.

Rear End: original.

Exhaust: original.

Wheels/Tires: 215-70-14 BF Goodrich.

Interior: being restored, need some original accessories.

Electrical: completelely new.

Accessories/Options:

Sound system: not prepared yet.

Additional Comments:
Hello everybody, I here show my Chevy SS which was being restored for the last three years. I´m trying to get the car as original as possible. Pics show it during the time engine was repared and interior cleaned and replaced with new accessories. The last work made on the car consisted in repairing the right door frame since the door didn´t close properly, due to a bad repair work after a crash. It´s difficult to discover these cars in quite good state in my country so I got it because it was a good base to work and do my best to leave it OK as I had promised. I forgot, engine will be painted as original with chrome details.

this a Nova made by General Motors Argentina during the 70´s. There was named Chevy and its coupe version was offered in two models: SS Coupe (1970-mid 1973) and Serie 2 (1973-1978), the latter till GM left the country.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sweet looking Nova

I like those Argentina Novas.
When you get a chance, I would like to see photos of the dash and interior.
Keep up the great work.:yes:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lookin good . How many Novas have you seen in Spain?
JR

Hi, JR...well, in Spain there are no Novas, the most similar cars, "muscle cars" that run streets in the 70´s there were Dodge Darts, which kept a similarity to the american Dodge Chargers. They were sedan, and I think that no coupe versions were manufactured.
I only saw a Chevy cupe (american Nova), imported from Argentina, when I visited a classic and sport cars event 2 years ago, in Alicante.
Thanks ChevIt, there are argentine Novas in good hands and their owners love them. I hope to post photos from the interior of the car in the future :yes:

Regards, Carlos.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Nice Car!!Welcome to steves!!Where do you Live in Spain?I've been there 4 times!I love Barcelona(Las Ramblas) and Toledo!Beautiful country...VERY VERY Beautiful Women!!!Dark skin and Bright Blue Eyes!!bm

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice Car!!Welcome to steves!!Where do you Live in Spain?I've been there 4 times!I love Barcelona(Las Ramblas) and Toledo!Beautiful country...VERY VERY Beautiful Women!!!Dark skin and Bright Blue Eyes!!bm
Hello Batman 09!, sorry for not replying before. Indeed, I live in Madrid and Barcelona is a nice place to visit, I´ve also been in Toledo, great too. Beautiful women are here in Spain, as you say, a nice feature of these lattitudes:yes:.
Hardtop, I figure you refer to the orange lights in both front corners....if you do, they are easy to get. I recall that 1968-1972 Novas there in USA never had those, hadn´t they?.

My Nova SS with new original bumpers and accessories coming next!.

Greetings and a happy new year!.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello guys...as promised, this time I post some pictures to show you some advances in my Chevy SS located in Buenos Aires (Argentina). New chromed original bumpers were fixed and original insignia cemented in the rear part of the body. New (I do not really know how you call them....:rolleyes:) "cat eyes" (may be?) were also cemented in site. With "cat eyes" (in Spanish: "ojos de gato") I refer to accessories in the body of the car that reflect light making it more visible in the darkness.... Sorry for my English :confused:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Carloss....... I love your car.... keep up posted on your project. :yes:
Thanks very much!. Indeed, in Argentina during the 1974-1978 period Novas had these turning lights on both sides of the front, in contrast to those belonging to the 1969-1973 period which had them fitted in the front bumper. Both are nice.

Greetings, CARLOS.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello guys, in the last months I´ve been in Buenos Aires to visit my family and enjoy the Chevy Nova SS. I made some advances in the interior of the car and bought some accesories. Original steering wheel, gear lever top and lever seat regulators were put in place, they really emphasize the sporty style of the car. I´ll be posting pictures soon!.

Regards.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
Way to go Carlos :woot:
you came across a very nice SS.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Asteeler, it took such an effort to have it as it looks but there are things still to be made. I´ll be purchasing some moldings in the USA and possibly other accesories in the near future.

As promised here is a pic of the interior and a pair of close-ups of the front and the back. Interior is a little messed up because I had washed the car and water sometimes gets in the car through the rubber seals of one of the doors, I have to change them.

Regards guys!.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Looks great. I love the round gauges. A couple years ago I had Martin in Argentina send me one of those dash clusters, but it's an entirely different shape than American ones. I ended up selling it to someone on Steve's that was going t try to make it work in our dash(I don't remember who though).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts