Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I've got a bit of a weird problem and I'm hoping you guys can help. It's kind of a random hesitation/stumble off idle. When I'm at a stoplight, there's a chance that when I go to accelerate it will stumble. Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't. I've tried adjusting the pump shot to all three locations and it does the same thing in each one. Carb is an Edelbrock Thunder Series AVS 650. Recently I took the carb apart and cleaned out a LOT of junk. Unfortunately, I don't remember if it was doing it before I cleaned out the carb. I just know that the engine was running like complete crap before I cleaned it, and after I cleaned it and replaced the plugs it runs good as new, except this minor annoyance.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
carb problem..

sounds like you still have some "junk" in there....but more important where did the junk come from?? bad fuel, old tank, etc..did the car set for a long time?? you may have something getting caught in the needle/seat...make sure entire fuel system is clean and "junk" free. Then have someone(you or a good carb guy) go thru the carb and make sure everything is OK.

wilma

1 - 3 of 3 Posts