Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant get the car to idel or start without pumping the gas. It has a holley 750 double pumper. It also doesnt squirt gas in the back two barrels. Should I just get a new carb?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
check to see if the distributor is loose. I had a customer with the same problem turned out to be his aftermarket dist clamp not holding the dist tight. You can check the double pumper squirt by pushing on the back accel pump arm and see if it squirts. You could have a bad accel pump diaphram.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I cant get the car to idel or start without pumping the gas. It has a holley 750 double pumper. It also doesnt squirt gas in the back two barrels. Should I just get a new carb?
If it is in fact a double pumper and not a vacuum secondary then you've got troubles. For the same $$$ as a new carb you can send yours out to any number of reputable builders and have a true "Blue Print" rebuild done on it and be miles ahead of any off-the-shelf new carb!! It will be actually tailored pretty close to your actual application.

Call AED, Pro Systems, etc, and see what they say.:yes:
You might be surprised.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How are the speed demon 750's on the street?

·
Registered
748 Posts
I'm running a holley 650 double pump mechanical secondaries carb on my basically stock 454. I think it's a little on the small side but it runs very well. The throttle response is spot on very crisp and snappy. I did some tuning with the carb though, main jets, squirters, accelerator cams ect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts