Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what size thread is on a Rochester 2 barrel fuel inlet fitting & where to get one from? I've checked autozone & O'reilly's no luck though.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
if the threads are worn in the carb body a new fuel inlet fitting won't help... the repair style inlet nuts are marginal at best...

might be better off finding a new/different carb...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The threads are fine needed the size to give to the local auto store. It's more of the worn area around the nut any suggestions?

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
the threads in the carb may appear to be OK but the nut's material is harder than the carb body is... you'll possibly find that the threads are not ok... this is a common ailment of all Rochester's with a filter behind the nut, most remove the filter & spring and then cut the line and install an inline filter.

a bone yard will possibly have a nut, the part stores will only carry/supply a repair nut. which you can try. personally i prefer the style that seals with an O ring and not the self tapping style... which is the most common repair nut on the market...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I prefer the O ring also but what can I use or what do u recommend to seal it with until I get to a bone yard?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts