127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SbC,

never done one before. and its been sitting awhile. Maybe worth the try!!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
At least take off the bowls and see the condition inside. Does the throttle plate move smoothly and have the full travel opening all 4 barrels?

·
Registered
931 Posts
My eyes aren’t that good but I think the number that matters is the 4777? Above it. Which would go with 650 Holley double pumper.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You can get carb kits from a lot of places needed one for a 2 barrel webber found out a company in Florida makes the rebuilt kits for holley and many other carburetors. Sorry I don't know the sight but they could probably help you. If I can find the info I will send it to you.

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
A Holley carb is the easiest carb in the world to rebuild. They literally just get taken apart, cleaned, and bolted back together. They dont have nearly as many parts as something like a Quadrajet has.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
carb rebuild

Okay,

thanks for the responses. I will try it. Hey, would could be the worst that can happen. At least i'm mechanically inclined and enough smarts to figure it out. Will search out where to buy the kit. ill keep you up on the progress of the carb and the floor pan. yeah, i'm all over the map. i've ordered the pan and am moving on waiting for it to show up.

Barry

·
Registered
448 Posts
Well you have 2 choices , rebuild what you have and always fight with it or buy a 625 cfm Holley street demon and have a carb feel like fuel injection.
I have a pair of these on my tunnel ram and they are amazing

Attachments

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys for all your great tips. decided to rebuild the double pumper. ordered the kit. thanks firebird

1 - 11 of 11 Posts