Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know - this may be THE LEAST important part in a Carb-to-EFI Swap, but...

I am in the porcess of gathering the necessary parts for converting my pretty lumpy cammed 383 to fuel injection. Main reasons are: cold starting, easy performance tuning, maybe E85 in the future. I am not necessarily after good milage...

How does swapping from a carbureted engine to EFI change the sound of the engine? Will it sound like one of the late model cars with big exhaust :eek: ? If so, that would really make me think about NOT doing it...

So EFI Swappers, please chime in! I am curious about your experience.

Regards from overseas,

Boris

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I have a elelbrock EFI on a 350, didnt change the sound really, idle was a lil lower and controllable, they have a better idle control circuit. So many positives with EFI just too many to list without writing a story. But as far as sound, nope, not really. JR

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have a holley projection system on mine and I didn't notice a difference in sound or gas mileage ,I have 461 heads and a lumpy cam . after I finally got it tuned it runs great and starts great, very happy with it,,, next up "mega squirt" 100%tunable

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
,,, next up "mega squirt" 100%tunable
Good point. The adjustable factor.. I have heard alot of good stuff with the squirt system. On my pro-flo it can adjust a wide variation of spark and fuel maps right from the lil pendant. Curious if the mega squirt has any more adjustable settings. I cant think of any? I can adjust spark and fuel for different vacuum levels. Almost too many really, you can get off track easily. JR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts