Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a new quickfuel 600VS, carb works great. however, while swapping the linkage, noticed there is a lot of slop in the linkage to carb bushing, even though the rubber bushing appears in good shape. should it be replaced with this one from Holley (HOLLEY QFT AED CARBURETOR THROTTLE LEVER STUD BUSHING 26-103 | eBay ) or do you suggest going with the Mr.Gasket application listed here: https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_...+Kit&keywordInput=carburetor+throttle+bushing .

seems like the Mr. Gasket would be an upgrade. any thoughts?

thanks for any/all advice.

-Rusty

·
Registered
190 Posts
got a new quickfuel 600VS, carb works great. however, while swapping the linkage, noticed there is a lot of slop in the linkage to carb bushing, even though the rubber bushing appears in good shape. should it be replaced with this one from Holley (HOLLEY QFT AED CARBURETOR THROTTLE LEVER STUD BUSHING 26-103 | eBay ) or do you suggest going with the Mr.Gasket application listed here: https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_...+Kit&keywordInput=carburetor+throttle+bushing .

seems like the Mr. Gasket would be an upgrade. any thoughts?

thanks for any/all advice.

-Rusty
If it's new & works great ,leave it alone. Some play is normal---if it idles fine it's ok. Just my 2 cents. Back in the Rochester Quadrajet era the throttle shaft play was ridiculous on brand new ones--lol. They worked.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I bet you will be ok. Like the OP said, a little play is ok. I use to have our machinist bore and install bushings on the Q-jet carbs when I’d have them apart for a rebuild. Don’t think it was necessary but had it done since they were apart for rebuild.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Rusty, the last two posts are referring to the throttle shafts where they fit into the bored holes in the base plate, and yes they can wear and cause problems but not on a new carb. You're talking about the throttle linkage where it goes into the arm on the side of the carb. Does your rubber bushing have the nylon sleeve inside it, as pictured in the Holley add? If not you should get the Holley bushing and sleeve kit. Without the sleeve it will be sloppy. I've never used the Mr. Gasket part you referenced, I never had problems with the Holley style but have with Mr. Gasket parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts