Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, so i desided to delete the choke off the edelbrock completely. got sick if it sticking and just not working at all teh way it should. how hard is this going to be to start? i see holleys and demons all the time with no choke at all. my question is will it suck or is there something special i have to do? thanks for the info al.

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
Race cars don't need chokes or vacuum advances because they spend most of their short life hot and at WOT.

People remove these same beneficial components on street cars mostly because they don't know how to make them work.

Chokes can be frustrating but it's not an impossible task. Choke pull offs are the trick for vacuum chokes, and electric chokes work better with a temp sensor resistor inline with the 12VDC power. I think Mike Goble once posted that trick somewhere here. It keeps the choke from closing fully when the engine is hot but the choke coil is cold.

I probably need to find it an store it in the archive if it's not already there.

Bottom line is, man should be the master of the machine not the other way around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts