Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, So I built my 650 DP, list 4777-2 on a ZZ3-350

Runs good, had somewhat of a bog/flat spot on initial accel, and when the secondarys were opened had kind of a stumble, flutter, just wasnt smooth

jets are 68 pri and 74 sec ( as advised from the site here ) Power Valve s 6.5, squirters are 28 front and rear.

Floats are set right., correct gap on accel pump rods, idle mixture in till stumble, the back out a turn, still had the stumble, went from 36 degrees total, till finally ear timed it for best response, kit said to put secondary cam on hole #1, so ive been trying to play with the other settings, last night, I moved the cam on the secondary to hole # 2, and it made an extreme difference to the positive. Still has a bit of a stumble on initial accel, I dont have a strip kit, with all the jets and squirters, im wondering if I should go with the same jets in all four corners, and maybe change the squirter size to fine tune this thing Im beginning to winder if I has ignition issues masquarading as carb issues, Its an HEI, with the accell supercoil and good MSD wires...Plugs are bosh platinum gapped at .040

Im getting my barry grant speed demon 750 today when Fed X gets here, I may put it on to see of some of these issues go away to get a handle on this.

This is the finesse area of tuning an engine, and Im not so good at it, any help would be appreciated

Steve

·
Registered
360 Posts
A bog or "flat spot" at throttle tip in is caused by a lean condition. Your fuel enrichment is not giving enough fuel during the transition to main jetting. I have the best luck going with a bigger squirter (try 32 or 36). If that isn't enough, then experiment with accelerator pump cams.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2nddary cam

did the trick, got it all dialed in, then the barry grant 750 came in today, incredible carb,. threw it on, and now shes really hauling *** lol

So a 650 I FINALLY got dialed in, and a BG thats terrifiic on the engine now

S

1 - 3 of 3 Posts