Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i recently installed a 383 into my '62 Chevy 2 and i'm having some electrical issues that i cannot seem to fix. The car will start and run fine for 30 sec to 1 min then just shut off as if you turned the key off. Im running a Summit HEI distributor with their ignition box. I have talked to their tech depratment multiple times and tried everything they told me to do, such as making sure the 12 volt switched wire was getting a full 12 volts, twisting the wires together that go to the distributor, and making sure i had a good ground and positive connection to the battery, but nothing would work so they sent me a new box but the problem is still there. After the car shuts off the power has to be turned off then back on again in order to start it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
The first thing I would do is test the ignition switch, see whether or not you still have power going to the ignition at the time of the failure, or maybe I misunderstood and you and the Summit tech guy already did this?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i've narrowed the problem down to the electric fuel pump. if i start the car with the pump off it will run fine then once i flick the fuel pump switch the car dies as if the power was shut off. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts