Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
It took longer to get my car back from paint than planned, but the results were worth the wait. My youngest son did the paint and it turned out nice, I think.

Attachments

Registered
1970 Nova SS 350 Brandon, MS
Very nice!!! It looks like he did a fantastic job! And if you got the "family discount" it probably didn't cost an arm and leg.

Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
Great looking '74 :thumbsup:

Registered
very Clean Looking 74 , you have ..... good job.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice!!! It looks like he did a fantastic job! And if you got the "family discount" it probably didn't cost an arm and leg.
I got a good discount. This would have been around 12K at a body shop and I got it all for under 2K.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
The paint was PPG Waterborne, but I'm not sure what brand of clear he used. I do know it's solvent based. With waterborne paint, you don't have to worry about parts not matching if they are not all painted at the same time. My hood, doors, and trunk were paint a week before the body was and they are all a perfect match. More pictures of the progress.

Attachments

Registered
Awesome paint job

Can I Temporarily adopt your son? He can live rent free in California until my 74 is done. By then he will be begging to get back to Arkansas though! :yes:

Registered
Paint Job

Your son did a great job. You should be proud of him and he has a nice talent. I bet there are not many sons left in this state that can do that anymore as our schools do not teach auto, metal shop or electrical anymore but prefer modern ceramics, history of eclectic societies, liberal arts, ballet and ethnic studies. Excuse me as I don't want to be late to my interpretive dance class.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
He actually learned in body shop classes at the college local to him. His first year there he went to state skills competition and finished first. Later went to national competition and finished 11th in the nation for students.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts