Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mark these dates now 7/21,22,23/06. Get on the vacation schedule. Lets see even more Novas at the Car Craft Summer cruise in St.Paul MN. Earl

·
Registered
348 Posts
hopefully mine will be operational by then.
thanks for the early heads up!

~Eric

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
i will try

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
MNYenko said:
Mark these dates now 7/21,22,23/06. Get on the vacation schedule. Lets see even more Novas at the Car Craft Summer cruise in St.Paul MN. Earl
If everything goes as planned, I should have a killer motor in the 74 Pro Street by then! :eek: :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
NovaSS396L34 said:
If everything goes as planned, I should have a killer motor in the 74 Pro Street by then! :eek: :D
what motor are you stuffin in there?

Eric (will bring his own 74 pro street)

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I'll be there with a beat up 67 4dr. There is a reason I call it FrankenNova. It has parts from at least 6 other cars. At least it runs strong.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I think you guys meant to say they drive bada** cars! Sure would like to knock the Corvette off top dog standings on the dyno this year!!

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
NovaSS396L34 said:
I think you guys meant to say they drive bada** cars! Sure would like to knock the Corvette off top dog standings on the dyno this year!!
Assuming you lose 20% through your drivetrain, that should put you at about 635hp, I know he hit 500 last year, but don't know what he did this year. Should give him a run for his money, I know he had a 540 slipped under that 427 top end, but don't tell anyone I told you ;)

ps
I WILL NEED another ride in it when you get a new motor, either that 540 or another :eek:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
BillsNogo said:
Assuming you lose 20% through your drivetrain, that should put you at about 635hp, I know he hit 500 last year, but don't know what he did this year. Should give him a run for his money, I know he had a 540 slipped under that 427 top end, but don't tell anyone I told you ;)

ps
I WILL NEED another ride in it when you get a new motor, either that 540 or another :eek:
I think I'll beat him by over 100 hp with the motor I hope to put in. You can surely have a ride again but I got a lot of mods to do now. I spoke to the guy with the race S-10 and went through the list of parts I'm gonna have to buy to go with the motor.

New Hood??
New Tranny (either powerglide or Turbo 400, 700R will never stand up to that kind of power)
Tranny shield
Flywheel shield
New fuel system
Additional roll cage
Window net
New shifter
New radiator
New drive shaft
Have to get car certified
Have to get a heath card to run that fast

We're guessing the car will run low 6's at the 1/8 or 9's at the 1/4.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Couple more mods forgotton.....

Cop Motor.
Cop Wheels.
Siren.
Padded back seat with windows that don't roll down.
Shot gun mounted to console.

Anything I left should be added, let's help with additiona mods.

Jamie

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
63drop said:
Cop Motor.
Cop Wheels.
Siren.
Padded back seat with windows that don't roll down.
Shot gun mounted to console.

Anything I left should be added, let's help with additiona mods.

Jamie
Jamie,
What exactly is a Cop motor? I guess I can find the rest of those items. I supposed a black and white paint job too? I think Ron the tech guy at the track would get a kick out of a shotgun mounted in the car! He knows what I do! One of these days I'm gonna take the Sheriff plates of the squad and put them on the car at the track to see if anybody notices.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts