Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a car cover for my '74 Nova Hatchback. I'd like one that has elastic around the bottom and has a nice fit. Does anyone have any suggestions on a brand?

Thanks.
Rob

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ordered a cover from summit after looking at all the ones at the local autozone etc. because they didn't have any padding underneath. I didn't care for the one from summit either it was pretty much the same as the ones from the local auto parts store. I ended up ordering one from classic industries the part number is MT2763H and made by OER http://www.oerparts.com/products.html I am very happy with it , it is a very nice cover and runs around $140

Indoor/Outdoor Use
Silver Refl ective Material
Double Layer-Soft Cotton Inner Lining
2 Year Limited Warranty
This premium fabric offers double protection! Designed for indoor
or outdoor use, Titanium Plus© has a silver highly refl ective
water repellent 100% polyester top layer that keeps the interior
cool when in sunlight and a soft padded cotton inner layer that
provides extra protection against nicks and dings during storage
in tight quarters. Mirror pockets are featured on both sides of the
cover. Non-scratch grommets are installed on each cover to allow
the use of a tie-strap or loc

·
Registered
51 Posts
Car Cover

HI,
Check your local Costco. I got one there, it's just a no name brand but very quality stuff. I've had it on my 73 outside in the California sun and it has held up great. Best of all it was about 36.00. I went back and bought another one.
Rick

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
CALIFORNIA CAR COVER GOT YOU COVERED! :yes:

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have a summit cover. It fits well and does the job, but it's pretty flimsy and not very soft.

My dad has a California Car Cover and it's really nice. I'll probably end up getting one of those instead. It's very soft and fits perfect... a little pricey IMO but it's a quality cover.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
THEY HAVE MANY STYLES, MAKE SURE YOU GO THROUGH THEM AND FIND YOUR BEST FIT! :cool:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I checked out California Car Covers as well as Covercraft. Neither offered a cover with mirror pockets for my 1970 Nova.

The best that Covercraft’s solution while appreciated was not not the most practical. They suggested sending me the cover, and me marking the mirror locations and mailing it back to have pockets sewn in.

Has any onerun across a high quality indoor cover for a gen 3 that has mirror pockets?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts