Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, what is a good alarm, for a 62, don't need door locks but remote start might be nice

Thanks

Tony

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Just remember that a remote start might not work very good on a car with a carburator since they usually need a pump on the accelerator pedal before they will start when cold. Also if you have a manual transmission you would have to leave it in neutral whan parked and rely only on the parking brake to keep it from rolling off. Just some things to think about before you spend your money.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
I don't know about you but most people don't even pay attention to alarms anymore.:no:
I agree. Plus, with old cars its easier to pop the hood and disconnect the battery to make the thing shut up. The thief just disconnects the battery, waits a while to make sure the coast is clear, then breaks the window, hops in the car, pops the clutch and away they go.

If I were you, I'd invest in a garage :yes:.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I agree. Plus, with old cars its easier to pop the hood and disconnect the battery to make the thing shut up. The thief just disconnects the battery, waits a while to make sure the coast is clear, then breaks the window, hops in the car, pops the clutch and away they go.

If I were you, I'd invest in a garage :yes:.
With the alarm I have if the alarm is going off,disconnecting the battery will only stop the noise as long as the systems dead,hook up another battery the noise starts all over.If the thief can disconnect the siren then hes got to deal with the starter interrupt,the car wont start.Once the system is set the car wont start until its shutoff.Not everybody has access to a garage.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
With the alarm I have if the alarm is going off,disconnecting the battery will only stop the noise as long as the systems dead,hook up another battery the noise starts all over.If the thief can disconnect the siren then hes got to deal with the starter interrupt,the car wont start.Once the system is set the car wont start until its shutoff.Not everybody has access to a garage.
This is true :yes:. I was thinking about pushing the car though. And there is also the possibility of finding the alarm and disconnecting that altogether.

·
Registered
809 Posts
This is true :yes:. I was thinking about pushing the car though. And there is also the possibility of finding the alarm and disconnecting that altogether.
In theory that would work if the car was out in the middle of nowhere without a single person for miles but fortunately for me,I live in civilization.Come on Chief,your stretching now.If some low life wants a car they will get it.I used to work with a guy that had a GMC Syclone.Middle of the day on a busy street tow truck pulls up and snags the car.Nobody questioned this because it looked legit.If somebody can get my car WITHOUT me seeing them take it,be my guest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts