Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, a while back TMicheal (Tom Sweeten) started a thread about maybe forming a Northern Virginia Nova Club. Well, we did it! I wanted to invite any Nova owners and enthusiasts as well as all of the people that showed interest in the club out to our first official meeting of the Capital Nova Club.

We will be meeting this Saturday, June 13th at 1:30pm at Sterling Hotrods in Sterling, VA.

Here is our official website: www.CapitalNovas.com that has the meeting news and address along with the contact address of myself (Tom J, co-founder: [email protected]) and TMicheal (Tom Sweeten, co-founder).

I will be updating this thread and the website with future meeting info so check back and keep an eye on us.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday, hit me up if you have any questions or need any more info!

Tom J

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys, here's your friendly reminder that tomorrow is the day! I've heard from a few people over PM so I hope everyone can make it....tomorrow, Saturday June 13th at 1:30pm in Sterling, VA at Sterling Hot Rods.

My photographer buddy will be coming with me to take pics of the Novas to be put up in the member's area on the site...www.CapitalNovas.com and we'll have a few business cards printed up that you can hand out to other Nova riders and friends in the area if you want.

See you there!

Tom J

·
Registered
13 Posts
A bead store and your just a couple of miles away <g>....

Hope you can make the next meeting in July. Great group of guys each meeting the number of Novas is doubling. We are talking about getting together one saturady afternoon and rolling to the Burger King in Nokesville for grins....

Thanks Tom for all of your hard work to pull this together...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wanted to let you guys know that I had a good time on Saturday. It was fun hanging out at the shop, meeting the Capital Nova member’s and their cars. Hope to see more Nova's at the July meeting.

Thanks
Randy
Root66

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Warrior, you missed out on this one but we have a meet up every month. If you don't check the forums enough then hit me up at [email protected] or check out the site at www.CapitalNovas.com for updated meet info. The July meet up date will be posted this week so make sure you schedule your bead and craft dates with the wife on different weekends! :)

Randy, great seeing you and Rodney up there...Rodney's ride is immaculate and sounds GREAT! Looking forward to seeing yours in July after the carb is done! I know Rodney doesn't do computers much but show him these pics...they will also be posted on the CapitalNovas.com site. All pics taken by Keith Grover, "official CNC photog"! :)

Rodney and his ride...I love the cream top and dark blue paint:

Picture of the CLEAN beast of an engine taken with a fisheye lens:

Another fisheye pic of Rodney's ride and the group....the Nova isn't really that short!

STRAIGHT:

This picture is great...Keith really got a good one here...although with that kind of subject it isn't that hard!:

Rodney up close and a good pic of that cream top:

Great group of guys we have so far...I hope we can spread the word and get some more Novas out there. I'll update ASAP with the next meet up date but it will definitely be sometime in mid-July.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And here are a couple pics of Tom Sweeten's (TMicheal) Nova (well, ONE of his several Novas...)

Tom Sweeten (TMicheal) in white, me (Tom_624) in black:

Me on the right and the group looking over my '74 project (tucked bumper, tucked exhaust):

Overall, a really good time and some really good people plus I was able to pull the stereo and speakers for replacement (finished the install today actually) and replace a leaky fuel line. Fun and progress...all I can ask for a club meet!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, obviously I'm no good at posting pictures...I'll work on that.

But I wanted to get in here and update everyone that we have our next meet up date and time....so Warrior, schedule your bead shopping around this! :)

--July 18th 2009: The next meeting of the Capital Nova Club will be on Saturday July 18th, 2009 at 1:30pm at Sterling Hot Rods (Address on 'About/Contact' Page at www.CapitalNovas.com). If you have any questions you can post in this thread or email us at [email protected]
Looking forward to seeing the "regulars" and meeting new people, so come on out!

Also, anyone on this thread whose email I might not have, hit me with a PM with your email address and I'll add you to the newsletter type thing I'm setting up to better communicate with people that might not make it to the forums all the time.

Thanks!

Tom

·
Registered
469 Posts
hey guys i would like to make it down to a meeting one of these months but the timing hasn't been right yet.last month i was on the power tour and July 18 i will be at Super Chevy in reading PA.i did want to let you'll know about Aug 08,2009 i putting a cruise together leaving Frederick MD to Hagerstown MD check out the posting labeled Mid-Maryland nova cruise on this site for info.if anyone can make it just let me know. hopefully i can make it down that way in Aug.thanks Chris

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Next Capital Nova Club meeting is this Saturday, July 18th at Sterling Hotrods in Sterling, VA.

Check out www.CapitalNovas.com for info or email me at [email protected].

I put together a newsletter and sent it out to the people I have email for but if you see this post and you're interested in getting the newsletter then PM or email me and I'll add you to the list.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and their rides this weekend!

Tom

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pretty good turnout for only being around a couple months! I had a great time up there guys and those are some sweet pictures you got. I'll have to grab some of them and put them in the newsletter and on the site. I'd like to get a picture of each member standing in front of thier ride so we can post it in the member's section.

NEXT MEETING: August 15th @ 1:30, same location.

This time I hope to get 30 cars so pass the word on to your friends and clear your schedules that Saturday! I'm going to set up a tailgating tent and have a grill going with hot dogs and a cooler with water and sodas...I bet I wasn't the only one getting thirsty out there!

For anyone that didn't make it out this month, come by and check it out next month. You can see details at www.CapitalNovas.com or email me at [email protected] Also, email me to get added to the newsletter.

Much thanks to all the people coming out especially Tom Sweeten who let's us use his space and is very generous with shop tours! Big thanks to Mike Sullivan who created, printed up, and is handing out flyers for the next meet!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey guys, we've got a CNC Facebook page now that anyone, regardless of being a Facebook user or not, can view. It also has a sneak peek at our new logo that Casey designed that will be used on the site and newsletter in the future.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Washington-DC/Capital-Nova-Club/128189695085

NEXT MEETING: August 15th @1:30 at Sterling Hotrods. We're going to set up a couple tents and have some hot dogs and sodas/waters for everyone....last month I for one got thirsty quick!

Tom J

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Meeting this Saturday, August 15th!

Hey all, this weekend is the weekend of the Capital Nova Club meeting! Saturday, August 15th at 1:30pm at the best damn hot rod shop in the area!

C'mon out and meet up with like minded people who share the Nova passion regardless of Gen or year or ride condition.

Got something awesome? Come show it off and check out what other people are doing to get further ideas for your ride.

Got a rolling project that's in a work in progress mode? Get he up here, there are a bunch of guys that have had that same issue and know how to help.

Nova not drivable to the show? Who cares. Show up, and listen to the guys that have cars like the ones you have....you can learn a ton of what and how to do stuff for the low low price of FREE.

We'll be grilling up some hotdogs and there will be some sodas and water to combat the August heat.

Sterling Hot Rods
44264 Mercure Circle #120
Sterling, VA 20166

See you guys there!

Tom J

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sept. CNC Meeting Sunday Sept 13th

Hey guys, one more week til our Septemeber meeting on Sunday, Sept. 13th at noon. This should be our biggest meeting yet so come on out and enjoy the September weather with some hotdogs, refreshments and a bunch of Novas!

Here is a flyer I put together in case anyone wants to have something to print and hand out at shows and around town this week. Spread the word!

Tom J

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Tom sorry I missed the meet this sunday I went to Nascar race at Richmond and just got back and I'm a little wore out from the weekend and hope to make next meet and hope you had a good turnout.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts