Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help , can anyone tell me what kind of SFI bellhousing will fit my 69 nova with sb 350 , block mounted starter and 11 inch clutch & flywheel behind my borg warner St10 4 speed ? mcleod does not seem to list one and the only one i can find of lakewood says 64-67 nova ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that would be nice , im looking at the 1089-15000 lakewood online now , its a possibility but it sure would be nice to know fore sure , is anyone else running a scattershield on there 68-72 nova ?

·
Registered
607 Posts
that would be nice , im looking at the 1089-15000 lakewood online now , its a possibility but it sure would be nice to know fore sure , is anyone else running a scattershield on there 68-72 nova ?
Yes, I am. I run a ST10 as well in my '72. Take a look at QuickTime. I run one of their bellhousings, but can't remember the part number. It is a very nice piece.

http://www.quicktimeinc.com/products.html

·
Registered
607 Posts
nice , was it easy install and any special parts required ?
It was pretty easy. No special parts needed, unlike the Lakewood unit. It comes with the pivot ball. I bought a new clutch fork from Lakewood though, but it was a GM stock replacement. I think yours should work fine.

The only hard part about it was the firewall to socket-head screw clearance. If you have the engine out, install it before you put the engine in. Other than that, it's a nice piece.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok , i think i found a local dealer here as well , im calling tomorro for pricing , i think this might be the way to go for me , thanks

·
14,588 Posts
The lakewood one is the one that I used to run in my 69 with a BB. It will fit BB or SB. I also used to run one of their heavy duty forks.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
The Lakewood part # is 15000
The most common bell housing ever sold!
McLeod part # 8630

The reference for the Chevy II Nova is reference for 62-67 That has a different clutch fork location.

Al

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the replys, i guess i have a choice between lakewood 15000 , mcleod 8630, or the quicktime , much appreciated guys at least i know what fits now .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts