Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here what I'm dealing with...I bought a new cancel cam..But I don't see where the wires connect..or do I have the wrong cam...

Here's a few more photo's so you can see what I'm up against...

I finally have the right 66 steering wheel complete..I've looked at chevy 2 only and they show the same cancel cam...There's no place to attach the wires on the new cam, like that are on the existing cam....Did I get the wrong Cam...? If so..Where would I find the right one...

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
Again here... I'm much more familiar with 62-63-64...But., it would appear to me that your turn signal switch assembly is toast. The turn signal cam (that you just got) is just that... a "cam" that "flips the switch" when you move the turn signal lever up or down. This has no connecting wires on it. The turn signal switch itself is wired...
Perhaps a member with a 2nd. Gen. can shed some more light.... :yes:

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
If you want to remove the switch, you'll need to remove the column brace & the phillips screws that hold the switch to the mast jacket and bring the wire harness from the switch up through the underside of the interior of the column... The switch assembly contains a bearing which steering shaft rides inside of...

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Randy, send Lyn Smith (user id is the same) a PM, he may have something like this.

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I laughed my butt off seeing how the pics have changed in his photobucket account since this thread was posted. Too dang funny when you read the description above the pics :rotfl:.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts