Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing P345/55R15 BFG Drag's into my 1st Gen and want the rear of the car to rest at stock ride height. The front 2" lower than stock.
Problem is, I lost the specs I recorded before I started cutting the car up.
I hope someone here might take the time to run out and measure their ground clearance for me. The distance between rocker box and ground directly in front of the rear wheel well opening would be a great help.
I found that I will need to stretch the stock wheel opening 2" forward and the inside rocker box area further forward than that.
I have a pair of wheel well opening patch panels from NNN that I can use to stretch the openings.
Anyway, these 30" tires are making me cut more and more out of this car. I have the axle so far up into the car, I have to raise the driveshaft tunnel.
I'll try to post a pic.
Thanks, Al.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
two pix

here's a couple pix I resized, hope they work

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep...

I want the rear to sit stock and the front lower than stock. All I need to know is where to put it, if you all can help.
Thanks, Al.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here's my take on it...

I have allready set up my coil-overs, so I know the distance between shock eyes needed at ride height. This distance allows me the proper amount of shock travel w/o bottoming or topping out. With this in mind, I need to fix the rear into position in the car at ride height. I can then position the frame rails, upper and lower shock mounts where they need to be in relation to this distance.
Not to mention how much more I have to cut out of this car.

Note the 1" square braces I welded in to triangulate and stiffen the sheet metal BEFORE I cut the floor out.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks JOEL63, great link. I'll put the measurements to work.
Al.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts