Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
With the screw on cap they favor a old company called Appliance or maybe American Drag-master

They could be ANSON!!

the old days Anson and Appliance were very very common!

I don't think they are ET wheels. They used a oval washer with a snap on cap.

Hope this helps put you in a search direction.

I think Appliance wheels were purchased by ENKE maybe visa versa!

Al

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
If the cap has screws to hold is on and the lug holes are counter sunk
they could be "US Indy" Wheels.

AL

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Now, that just about all of the brands have been mentioned, except for Fenton, the best thing to do is pull one or two off and check the enscription on the back of the wheel(s) and post who got it right. :D

·
Registered
759 Posts
Looks like appliance wheels. Sold a set last year looks just like them. I thought they might of had the name on the backside of the rim somewhere.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ok here is what I know after removing one of the fronts.

The Rim has "14x6" written in raised lettering located on the inside of the rear dish.

No brand markings what-so-ever.

On the back of one of the 5-stars it has the letter "H" ingraved.

The center cap is held on by 5 screws

The Lugnuts are countersunk the thickness of a washer and the lugnuts have a shank that goes through the rim.

Hope this can help you guys help me.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
It sounds like they might be a department store brand - in that I mean wheel makers such as Appliance, Rocket, ET, Western, etc. often made wheels for larger chain stores with auto centers (e.g., Montgomery Wards and Sears). Generally, these wheels didn't have any specific markings.

If you're going to keep them, they would be easy to restore. Just low-pressure bead blast them and have them polished, if you want.

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
It sounds like they might be a department store brand - in that I mean wheel makers such as Appliance, Rocket, ET, Western, etc. often made wheels for larger chain stores with auto centers (e.g., Montgomery Wards and Sears). Generally, these wheels didn't have any specific markings.
I know Sears main sources were Superior and later Cragar- They made no effort to distinguish an in-store brand during the late 60s and 70s. How do I know that? I was a partime battery man in a Sears Auto Center and bought up all the wheels in bulk at a huge discount in my store when Sears stopped selling custom rims back in the late 70s. They later sold Appliance rims, which by then, were junk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts