Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have small block (taller???) on the bbc and a solid mount on the drivers side.

so Im having issues with the header. the crossmember is blocking like an eighth of an inch. I can force the pipe in there but Im afraid it will put stress on the header and cause it to break.

can I use a spacer to raise it maybe a half inch? or will this cause more problems than it will solve?

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
If you raise the cross member, you will affect your drive line angle. You need to take a couple of measurements and see where your angles currently ar and what will happen if your raise the tail shaft of the transmission.

Another option is to use a section of oval pipe. It might be a little pricey getting it in, but it may solve your problem.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you raise the cross member, you will affect your drive line angle. You need to take a couple of measurements and see where your angles currently ar and what will happen if your raise the tail shaft of the transmission.

Another option is to use a section of oval pipe. It might be a little pricey getting it in, but it may solve your problem.
thanks. you are right. once I get the reducer welder on, Im gonna use my bfh to clearance it a little bit : )

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Put a 4-6ft length of pipe on the header and hang on it, it'll bend down how ever far you need easily, done it many times.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Put a 4-6ft length of pipe on the header and hang on it, it'll bend down how ever far you need easily, done it many times.
can you explain this a little more? Im not sure Im understanding. thanks :thumbsup:

but,I would need to bend it up if that makes any sense

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just realized you are right. I need it to come down . I was thinking of it upside down.

thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts