Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is going to sound at least dumb if not crazy But here goes. Can you run two tachs on a car with splices or a double wire hook up. The reason for my ? is I have an Auto meter tack in the dash that I cannot see all that well.( 4spd) It does not have a shift light or any thing like that. The other that I took out of the race car???? is kind of a cheapy but looks real nice and does have a shift light. I have a MSD box so can I tie into that or not. Will the thing read right or will I think I am driving two 2, 4 cylinders. I have seen some wierd stuff with the Sun tachs and was wondering By the way I replaced the cheapy with a Phantom Monster so its not like I squeak when I walk , regardless of what my wife and her brother in law says.:eek: :)
Lance

A

·
0 Posts
I don't see why you couldn't run two tachometers at same time.
Most are a 4 wire hook up......coil, ign, grd and lite. As long as both tachs are running separate set of wires. I've become an expert on hooking tachs of lately as I've swapped out my SW several times in the past couple of months.

·
Premium Member
8,050 Posts
I have saw cars with two tachs on them. One inside the car and one under the hood. This was long before MSD was around; you could always e-mail their tech line.

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
You probably want to hook them all up to the MSD box's tach output though.

I've heard that running a tach directly off of the coil negative terminal with an MSD box might not give good results or fry the tach due to the multiple discharge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts