Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the guy restoring my Nova, He told me that I had the option of putting a 72 door on a 1974 Nova? I want to know if that is true or not and whether or not it would look right. Also if it is true, can someone post a pic of a 1974 with 72 doors because I have not had any success finding one on the internet.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Yes, It can be done. Usually I see the opposite done as people will install 73-74 doors on a 68-72 to eliminate the vent windows. But it can be done in reverse as well. Easier to locate interior door panels for sure!!!!
Sorry I don't have any pics of this done but It can be done for sure!!!

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
The other draw back you'll have is the door panels will need to be from 69-72. You are the first person I know of to want vented window doors, as mentioned most go the other way. They do fit!:yes:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I DON'T THINK HE KNOWS THERE'S A DIFFERENCE! :no:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I am not sure if I would want to do but he told me this since my A/C does not work that the vents could be another form of A/C. He also says that he can put the vent and the mirror from a 72 onto the 74 door instead of replacing the whole door. But yeah I probably wont do it because I do plan on fixing the A/C as soon make the money for it.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
It's easier to change the door.:yes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts