Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 62 nova it came with this bumper. I have never seen one like . But then again I’m just getting into the nova scene. Is it worth keeping?

·
Vendor
1,399 Posts
Front grill guard. Option on 1962 - 65 cars. Opinions vary as to if it looks good or not, and thus whether to keep it. That will be up to you of course. But it is original and not terribly common.

·
13,082 Posts
Interesting how we miss things. There are at least 4 cars on eBay at present with this bumper guard. The bumper is the stock unit. The guard was an option and is bolted to the bumper. It was available as a factory option or dealer install. Just $19 in the 1st generation Chevy II years. I had one on my '63 SS convertible. It breaks up the flow of the front end a bit, but offers protection to the very flimsy aluminum grill.

Bob

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
i've seen the bumper guard on alot of the convts. i think it looks good on the first gen novas.

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
I like the bumper guards plus they hid two of the bumper bolts. I imagine if you take it off there will be marks on your bumper where it was.

·
13,082 Posts
The front was actually called a grill guard. Rears were bumper guards. Yes, most guards leave marks on the bumpers when removed. I liked the way it looked on the front of my '63 SS convertible. Picture below.

Bob
2 Nova May 2013.JPG

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
bob....that one sure has the wooow factor on it. i just could never sell something as sweet n shinny as that. if i bought that for my wife i'd sure be her favorite for sure.

·
13,082 Posts
Yes, it was a nice car. Highly optioned with PG, PB, PS, a/c, comfort and convenience, front & rear bumper guards, and tissue dispenser. Interestingly, it had a manual top. A financial guru once told me, 'don't fall in love with your assets'. I always remembered that, so when the right price was offered, I sold the car.

Bob

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
That’s a beautiful car..! Love the color.. My mother’s first car was a 63 Corvair Monza coupe. It was that color with fawn interior..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts