Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
3,863 Posts
Stock rally wheels. Shouldn't be too hard to find them used somewhere.

·
Registered
491 Posts
wheels

they are around. Ebay, craigs or ask for them here on Steves

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Had those on my 78 custom, got them for $50 off a camaro, they are 14x7 rally 2's, they also made them 14x6. Also 215 or 225/70 tire is perfect for those.

·
Premium Member
3,819 Posts
They are also sold thru the "aftermarket" system.
Coker has them, bare, for $88.00 each

http://store.coker.com/wheels/oe-style-wheels

My neighbor is running that wheel on his 39 Chevy and they lood good.

Those little chrome rings are expensive if bought new.

They only take one style hubcap, whereas the more traditional rally accepts several type caps.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are the small 6 inserts interchangeable between 14 and 15 inch rims? Found a set for 14s but wanted 15 rims.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Those chrome inserts are hard to come by if not on the wheel. I think Paddock sells them for $6.00 but that ads up $6.00x24= $144.00 then add on shipping. Our Rallys inserts were gone but I found a screamin deal on ebay about 2 years ago and got em.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I gave two of them away with good tires. By the time you get the inserts, trim rings and center caps you can buy a really nice set of aluminum wheels that are lighter. Unless you're going going for a restored stock look I wouldn't bother. The center caps are the hardest find. Everything else can be purchased new.

Without the inserts they're pretty blah

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
Those chrome inserts are hard to come by if not on the wheel. I think Paddock sells them for $6.00 but that ads up $6.00x24= $144.00 then add on shipping. Our Rallys inserts were gone but I found a screamin deal on ebay about 2 years ago and got em.
Are the inserts the same as was on the Olds rallys?

·
Registered
404 Posts
71-79 Rally Wheel Insert Bezels from Classic Industries.....23.95 each

$23.95 x 24= $574.80 :eek:

Don't forget shipping !!!

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

yea, I saw those for $24 each. what a rip off. I think they are worth tracking down though. I found a set, but they are for 14's....I dont mind using 14 rims, but wanted a little bigger. Not sure if they would fit the 15 " rims

·
Premium Member
3,819 Posts

When I retired from working in a Chevy parts department a few years ago, they were still in inventory, at about 2.50 each.

·
Super Moderator
12,005 Posts
The chrome inserts were only used when the wheels were painted body color. The argent siver wheels did not get them. The early center caps are cast metal and the later ones are plastic. I had a set of the body color wheels with the inserts on a 78 El Camino. I wished I had removed them prior to selling the car.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts