Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know how to turn a 4 door into a 2 and please no stupid anwsers like welding the doors shut, or just buying a two door. I know how much time and money its gonna cost so dont bother.

and does any one have any picks of nova thats been converted to a 2 door

·
Registered
49 Posts
sorry you hate 4 doors. they are cool in there own way
no body expects them to have a 350 in them, great sleeper!
we have 2 of them, they make great parts running cars or a daily driver
i would never get rid of them.
so i would just leave it be
bobby

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well if you seen the movie death proof a 4 door just isnt what im looking for it took me 4 years to even find a 4 door so im not wasting my tim and try to find another one.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Well if you seen the movie death proof a 4 door just isnt what im looking for it took me 4 years to even find a 4 door so im not wasting my tim and try to find another one.
it would be a WHOLE lot easier to find a shell of a 2 door and transfer everything over then to cut a 4 door up and weld everything back on.

I don't know what part of Kentucky you are in but here are some novas in kentucky for cheap

http://westky.craigslist.org/cto/1192371898.html
^^ nice car
http://louisville.craigslist.org/pts/1187345934.html
^ PERFECT CAR! Just drop a motor in it and go!

http://lexington.craigslist.org/cto/1156706845.html
Good project's!

these are all GOOD projects

I would buy any of these if i had the cash.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats the thing I dont have the cash ive seen all of these listings, if I had the cash believe me my 4 door would be gone.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm with evans71, but if you want to see one that was done, "stangsforsale"or "stangs4sale" has done it with a 66 or 67 and i have done it twice with wagons, and all I goota say is "Damn all that work, it's why I won't do it a third time and I have all the stuff in my possession to do it again.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
honestly

You may not like it NOW but after you drive it i bet it will grow on you

I say restore it now (how old are you?) and then later down the road if you are really serious about it then do it then.

but for now drive the hell out of it and smash all the civic owners you know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that doesnt look hard at all, I got the doors I need and all the tools I just need a plan or some pics of a third gen thats been converted

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
that doesnt look hard at all, I got the doors I need and all the tools I just need a plan or some pics of a third gen thats been converted
72 greenrally posted this link
http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119344

this will give you a glance at what you are in for.. Even if you have done work like this before, I gotta think this is some major work - if it was easy everyone would have been snatching up 4 doors an converting them ... ok some would have left them...

from the other stories on the site guys doing these and wagons took years to do ..

best of luck to ya

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
If you know whats involved and what it will cost and it looks not that hard to you then what are you after here? If done right it should look EXACTLY like a factory 2 door, if it wont look like a factory 2 door then dont even bother otherwise you will end up with a funky looking 2 door that will be impossible to sell. Take the advice of the people here and SELL the 4 dr and buy a 2 door when you have the cash. You can mod the 4 dr in the mean time and then swap all the parts over to your 2 dr later.

1st and 2nd gens have the same roof on a 2dr and 4dr sedan so the mod is not too difficult for an experienced body guy but a 3rd gen like your 72 has a different roof on the 2dr and 4 dr so it makes no sense.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
News Flash! 4 doors were not made to convert to a 2 door and 2 doors were not made to be a 4 door. Just sale your 4 door than you will have the money to buy a 2 door. Problem solved..

You mean about One third of the money....A two door shell will cost you $5000...And thats without the motor.....I hate four doors...But I love money....New's flash......I love my moredoor....

By rroxon7, shot with FinePix J10 at 2009-03-03
It's what's in it that counts............Good luck with your transition...
http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w61/Rroxon7/?action=view&current=327firststart001.flv

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
thats the thing I dont have the cash ive seen all of these listings, if I had the cash believe me my 4 door would be gone.
Have you compared the rooflines between 3rd gen 2 and 4 doors? The roof toward the rear glass looks completely different. Even if you added the 2 door doors and the fronts of 2 door quarter panels, it may not look right.

If you can do some trading, find yourself a decent 2 door shell with good quarter panels. Add your doors, swap everything else from the 4 door (but find some front bucket seats) and give it a cheapo satin black paint job. Done.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts