Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More pictures... It looks like disk brakes, larger diameter front sway bar, Saginaw power steering, and threaded Z-bar mounting holes, but I can't tell if any of this is original to the car, or cobbled together from different cars to make a 1970's bracket racer...

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The power steering box has four mounting flanges instead of three (one is unused in the picture). I wonder if 1970 Novas steering boxes had three or four mounting flanges.. Also, I wonder if bracket racers in the 1970's even used power steering, I thought they were only going in a straight line...

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
The unused bolt boss on the steering box is stock. Most applications, be it Chevelle, Impala, Camaro or truck use various combinations of 3 out of 4 bolt bosses used.
IIRC, the A-body(Chevelle) doesn't use one of the front two and uses both of the rear.

Subfame is rear steering location, so it has to be either '68-74 Nova or '67-69 Camaro/Firebird.
Spindle and steering arms look original.

Looks like someone was planning a front steer rack swap from the looks of that huge shaft clearance slice on the driver side of the main crossmember..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts