Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a camshaft in a motor that I am trying to identify. It is stamped Z087 on the end and has a couple of other markings on it, CWC and EP1. I have googled and found nothing. Is there a site out there which will help identify this cam?

cale

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
We had another thread that had "Z025" on it. We struck out trying to identify it.
If you can find someone with a "Cam Doctor", they can measure the cam and print out it's specs. You could do the same thing manually with V blocks, dial indicator and a degree wheel.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I'll post it on another sight which has a few cam designers and grinders on it frequently. We'll see if it gets any hits.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info so far. If I cant find it anywhere I will dial and degree it but had hoped to find the identifier somewhere.

Hopefully something will turn up somewhere.

cale

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Got this info for ya. Hope it helps. If I get any more I'll post them as well.:yes:

"CWC" is the foundry that cast the core.
"EP1" is a small block chevy flat tappet core made by EPC

I don't know what the Z087 is.
If it's "2087", it could be one of mine.

I only stamp the invoice numbers on the back of the cam, and 2087 was a flat tappet SBC.
www.jonescams.com
(704)489-2449

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
You could do the same thing manually with V blocks, dial indicator and a degree wheel.
You need to run the correct lifter against the cam in this type of test stand. If you were to run the tip of a dial indicator the durations will come out way small vs. a flat or roller follower.

As far as the Z087 number, I would guess its an Elgin industries E-1087-P. Measure the lobe lift with some calipers, it should be .295" on both intake and exhaust lobes.
1087 specs, 280/280 adv. 214/214 @.050" .443"/.443" Valve lift and 106-114 centers, 110 LSA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts