Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the Global West lockout kit for the lower control arm? If so what number is used for the best allignment........this is for a 64 Nova with new springs,etc...thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
I have them on my 67. Ken is correct in that the correct alignment hole in the plates may/will differ for each car, so there is no 100% correct "this is it" answer.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Raymond, FWIW.... I have the lock outs on my 66. The springs are original and the stock front end rebuild is approx 4 years old. With the drum brakes my camber setting was on position 5 (as viewed from the front). This gave me approx .5 deg of camber (with 2 deg of caster) Remember, caster affects camber and camber affects toe so its all inter-related. Now, that being said, with my disc brake setup it appears that 6 will be the new setting as this disc setup needs all the camber adjustment I can give it just to make it driveable. Its a sometimes maddening process.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have mine on 2,looks ok, but I think it can be better...........at least until it gets aligned...........thanks for the replies!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts