Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,592 Posts
I did this a VERY long time ago... but there is an issue.
The problem is the outer trim of the 68 Camaro SS hood louvers will not sit flush on a flat hood. Directly under the louver section is a screen and a flat plate. All added up... the underside of the louver section + the screen section + the flat plate hang about 1/4" lower then the bottom of the outer trim. Even if you were to remove the screen and the flat plate, the underside of the louver section will still extend about 1/8" below the bottom of the outer trim. I was able to confirm these measurements because I still have two 68 Camaro SS hood louvers sitting in my garage.

To mount these louvers to a flat hood, I had to make a custom adapter plate to fit under each louver.

NOTE: My 68 Camaro SS hood louvers are original GM pieces. Maybe the repo's are made differently.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see what you are saying, the camaro hood was made to accept these where a flat hood is not. I do wonder if they make a flush set now in the aftermarket world. Would be nice to remove some of this heat made by the blower I'm running, not that it's crazy hot, just does add some heat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts