Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used camaro bucket seats in a nova. I have a chance to buy a set, and would like to replace the bench in my '71.This site is great, learning from others that have been through the same issues sure saves time.I sure learned alot about putting a big block in my car, motor mount, and heater box issues etc. Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
The inboard mounts will be needed for both buckets, as the bench seat equipped car was only set up for the outer mounting points. They are welded to the floorboards and are needed to mount the bucket seats straight.

Camaro and Nova Buckets ( the high back type) are virtually the same if thats the style you are looking at. Slight differences in the brackets.

My 73 had 72 buckets in it, which I found out later were Camaro seats. Virtually same look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
camaro buckets

Sorry, forgot to mention the seats are from a '69 camaro. Would these still work? Can I buy the seat mounts aftermarket?, Thanks for the reply

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
You could make the seats work, but wouldn't be real close to stock appearance. Google a pic of a 69 Camaro interior and then a 71 Nova interior and you'll see the difference.

As far as the brackets, chances are you'll need to find a donor to grab them from , or get creative and make your own setup.

Of course, there's the stock setup.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buck...c0.m245&_trkparms=65:12|39:1|72:1205|240:1318

·
Registered
88 Posts
been looking for a set of 67 buckets for my nova a friend had a rusted out 67 camaro and gave me the seats from it. going to rework them and install.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts