Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
item#4643797438 this looks and sounds odd to say the least.Buy it Now $6200.

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
That has to be a scam; it sure reads like one to me. I bet the ad is gone within the next few hours.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bid it up to $4000 and the bids were atou outdone by a private bid how the hell does he get the rating like that . You know its bogus.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
i don't believe the ad is a scam, well it is but not to rip someone off.
the ad says contact him first in a bunch of places in the ad. what i think he is doing is trying to minimze the amount of money he's going to have to fork over to "feebay".

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I do know this I emailed the guy about 20 minnutes ago so lets just see what happens. I talked to a guy with a Z-28 one time like this and it turned out the car was overseas and I would have to meet him at the docks in New York city to pich up the car.This was all after I paid the down payment YEA RIGHT, BUDDY I"LL MEET YOU THERE>

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I emailed this guy lets see if he even answers. I told him I could meet him any where in 24 hrs. But not at the docks in New York like some of them want you to do after you have pd the down payment 2 wks agoand they bring the car over from Bum__ck or where ever.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe I could spend $3000.00 getting home and still double my $ if not triple it. :D

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guess what guys the camaro is gone now because the auction was stopped in a few hours if that long. And what was all that about keeping bidders names private my name showed up when I bid twice. ONE MORE TIME, EBAY NEEDS TO WATCH THAT CRAP ALOT MORE.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The seller just pulled it "The seller ended this listing early because the item was lost or broken." How can it be lost? I guess it hard to find a car that he probably doesn't own!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Did you bother to look at what the seller has been selling in the past. It is all stamps. This is obviously a stolen account.

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
2novacars said:
Guess what guys the camaro is gone now because the auction was stopped in a few hours if that long. And what was all that about keeping bidders names private my name showed up when I bid twice. ONE MORE TIME, EBAY NEEDS TO WATCH THAT CRAP ALOT MORE.
eBay has several hundred thousand ads they have to watch for crap. I think considering the fact that this bogus ad was yanked in just a couple of hours is pretty good.

There are always clues in these ads to point to the fact that they are bogus, fake, not real, a ripoff, scam, con, or whatever you want to call them.

The first MAJOR clue is, if it is too good to be true, then it probably is, and the ad is probably FAKE. The second is if the seller says SEVERAL TIMES not to use the eBay contact, use the email address in the ad instead, it is probably FAKE. Last, you can look at the sellers previous transactions. If all of a sudden an eBay-er that normally deals in items that are not related to cars in any way is suddenly selling a super-rare 69 Camaro Z-28 with a 302 for a rediculous price, it is probably FAKE. Last, you can usually see the sellers location in the FAKE ad, and in their other auctions, if they were sellers. If they have suddenly moved to CANADA just prior to listing that super-rare 69 Camaro Z-28 with a 302, it is a FAKE.

Anytime I see an ad that says do not use the ebay contact link, that is the first thing I do. That alerts the REAL eBay user, and it also sends an email to eBay.

Randy

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Message from Camaro seller.

This is the reply I got on the Camaro from the seller. Thought you might like to read his sad story, I wasn't shocked as I have seen this kind of bunk before. All they are looking for is for some sap to give them any kind of down payment and their out of dodge in a heartbeat. Sad that there is those kinds of people out there. By the way I also have done some stamp collecting with my dad since I was 12yrs old, If the stamps were his to sell I doubt you would ever see them. Besides I know that 99% of all stamps worth that kind of $ are accounted for.
Lance:( :eek:

Hi,
Thank you for your email, and sorry for my late reply. First of all the car belonged to my father, he was the first and only owner, and after he passed away 7 moths ago, he left the car to me. I do not now much about this car, only that it has 35 miles, and was completely restored. I can let you know that it has a clean US title, it has no scratches or dents, and it runs perfectly, I've took it for a drive before I left US, and I didn't drove it since then. Anyway I have all the receipts and for all the work that has been made on it. The car is now in Zagreb,Croatia with me, and it is crated as I received it, when I've moved here 1 moth ago, because I found a better job. I've tried to register it here but the odometer is in miles, and to make it street legal,I'll have to pay around $2100 US money that I cannot afford because I want to buy a house, so I've decided to sell it. The total price that you'll have to pay for this car is $6200 US, price that includes shipping taxes and insurance. All of my transactions until now were made under eBay's protection, and for that I wish that we make this deal also with eBay's protection. If you agree with moving forward with the deal through eBay please email me your full name and shipping address. As soon as I receive these information from you I will forward them to eBay SquareTrade along with the rest of the details in order for them to open a case regarding our deal. I am waiting for your email as soon as possible.
Best regards,
Peter Paneur:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We all know its a scam. I just don't think ebay should even let the stuff hit the screen!!!

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Agreed, but there's no way to stop it. With (at least) tens of thousands of ads posted daily, they can't review them all. On any given day, there are at least 10 to 20 ads like this, just in the classic/collector car realm. Don't be surprised or outraged, just educate yourselves. That's all you can do. Unless of course, you want to entertain yourself by baiting the scammers. That's a whole other story. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts