Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around for my boxwrench basic engine building cd, but have yet to find it... so I come here asking how to remove the camshaft out of my Inline 6?
Looking at the gear, there are 2 screwes that i cant loosen, i cant put enough pressure on the screws without the phillips wanting to come out of it, i dont want to strip the screws out, so do you guys have any advice how to get stubbord screws out? any special tool i could use? and what exactly do those 2 screws do? since it doesnt really look like it attaches the cam gear to the cam...
and how would i pull the gear itself off? i cant fit a gear puller around it, there is barely any gap between the back of the gear and the engine block...
Thanks for any help you guys can give me

·
Registered
1,658 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had a guy telling me about those earlier today, i'll have to take a trip to the local sears tomarrow..
and taking those screws out should let me pull the cam out as well right?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Those drivers will work If you can't undo them by hand. as for the Gear It has to be Pressed off. A stock Gear can then be pressed back on.BUT IF YOU"RE going to go with a ALUM gear IT MUST BE HEATED before reinstalling it.
IF YOU don't YOU WILL BE REplacing it AGAIN!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts