Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one tell a good place to get 1/4 twist in cam locks to hold the hood on. I need to redo some of the ones on the car now.. I have two kinds one you have to use a screw driver or a coin. The other has a butterfly made on it so you don"t need any tools to unlock it. The only name I came up with is "milspec". I found them on the net but did not see what I was looking for( they are actually airplance panel fastners), Jegs has some things that are close but darned pricey. Thanks alot and Happy fathers day to you all
:) :D

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Most Hi Po catalogs have the Zues fasteners as most people call them. They are not cheap though. There are different sizes and styles. The lenght of the lock will be critical so they will fit properly and lock in. RM

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
don't forget that those are holding whatever panel on your car.... if you wanna cheap it out you can probably get a lot of 50 or something dzeus fasteners on ebay for dirt

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
You can find the Dzus fasteners all over the place. Mil-Spec is good place for them and I know their website is kinda hard to find them on. Another alternative is the Harwood hood install kit that comes with everything required to Dzus a hood one including the lower mounting plates. I would stay away from the ones with the butterfly on them for the hood because it would be possible to break the butterfly off and not be able to get the thing undone. DOnt get me wrong they are a good piece but you beter have the spring tension set right to you dont stress the butterfly too much.
http://shop.eharwood.com/cgi-bin/harwood/192.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts