Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working w/ a 1989 sbc 350. I was able to aquire a set of Vortec heads, cast #12558062. I'm looking to upgrade the 350 mildly - not breaking the bank so much (car will be a daily driver). What upgrades should I be looking into? Will the stock cam be sufficient or would I have to upgrade, if so, to what?

Thanks,

·
Registered
234 Posts
You'll need a special intake to use the Vortec heads on the 350. Summit has their house brand intake(s) on sale right now, I think. For a cam, I'd go somewhere in the 268 to 274 range of advertised duration, with no more than about .460 lift, so that you don't necessarily have to modify the Vortec heads. That will give you very enjoyable power with decent economy and good driveability.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank guys. I figured I'd need an intake manifold that would match the heads as opposed to the year motor itself. With the heads and upgraded cams, what kind of hp gains am I looking at?

·
Registered
598 Posts
In this application, other than pretty to look at and knowing they are an improvement in mechanical function, you will not notice any "seat of the pants" feel with roller rockers over the stamped stockers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts