Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be reuilding the 350 in the next few months. It's going to be stroked out to a 383 with around 500 ft lbs of torque. I want to get caltracs or something similar to control the power, but the thing is, I'm also planning on adding a 100-150 shot of nitrous as well. What I'm wondering is, if I tune the caltracs for perfect launches on the nitrous, what happens when I don't use the nitrous? I've heard of people having too much traction, and I'm thinking that's what's going to happen. I'd rather not have to tune it for nitrous and then retune it for without nitrous, you know?

Or would I be good to go and I'm just worrying too much? :eek:

Matt

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
SuperNova69 said:
I've heard of people having too much traction, and I'm thinking that's what's going to happen.
Let me know when you figure out how to do that!!!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
DriveWFO said:
Let me know when you figure out how to do that!!!
I've only read of it happening once or twice, but I think it was novaresource or a similar site.

So I take it I'm worrying too much? That's good to know. :D

Thanks guys. :)

Indeed it was from novaresource. At the bottom of his caltrac install page, he says:

Results: The first time at the track I actually bogged the motor from too much traction! What a great problem to have! After re-adjusting CalTracs I matched my best 60' times and ran my best ET ever (but only by a few hundredths). The engine power is now the limiting factor. I can safely start adding power knowing that my CalTracs will give me the traction I need.

:eek:

Matt

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
No such thing as too much traction; that's called too little power!!

:D Tell em bowtie0069!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts