Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a caltrac set-up from a friend of mine, from his 69 camaro and it has a split mono leaf set-up and i was wondering if the leaf springs are the same from his 69 camaro to my 62 nova?

thanks
jon

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I don't believe so...Measure from the center pin to the front eye, measure overall length and then compare to yours..

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I'm not sure, but they'll fit my car!:devil::rolleyes:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just wanted to check and see if anybody knew off the top of their head, i will measure them tomorrow, i got a good deal on the caltracs w/rancho shocks and the split mono-leafs that i could not pass up, i will let you know what i find........

jon

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know the lower shock mounts will work because when he ordered them he moved the shocks from there stock location, on the outer spring to the inner spring.......and i know the shocks will work as well..:).......just not sure of the leafs springs:confused:

jon

·
Registered
309 Posts
if you measure the black tube I will measure mine for you I have them on my car at present and it is the same for a 62 but i think the set up you were given will only work for 68-74

·
Registered
262 Posts
NOVACA1N, is 100% correct, they are not the same. I say that because I have a friend that did the same as you are thinking to his 65 Chevy II and all he had was problems, he ended up calling Travis at Calvert and ordering a set to fit his car now all is well.

Good luck and don't forget to call Calvert Racing and talk to Travis

Phil

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just an update, i called travis over at caltracs and told him what i have and what i was trying to do, he said everything i have will work but i will need to change out the rear part of the split mono leaf as the early nova needs a longer one.......

thanks to everyone for the help..

jon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts