Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone running them what do you think i have there caltracs and thinking of using there springs

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
I have Caltracs, split monos and their Rancho shocks on my 67. Very happy with the setup. :yes:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Love them, got Caltracs, split monos and their shocks in the back of the car with nothing done to the front yet and had my best 60' to date on the first pass off the trailer. I went 1.47 with the shocks set on 9 and no fine tuning on the Caltracs. Unfortunately due to brake issues, I couldn't make any more passes to get the thing hooking to its full potential.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Another big advantage is you can change the ride height whenever you want. Just call Calvert, they will send a new pair of leafs for the back section, and you just pay shipping to send the originals back to them. I did this on mine and got ride height right where I wanted. :yes:

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
Another big advantage is you can change the ride height whenever you want. Just call Calvert, they will send a new pair of leafs for the back section, and you just pay shipping to send the originals back to them. I did this on mine and got ride height right where I wanted. :yes:
i didn't know this.. and this does make a difference on what im going to be using! thanks for the info!!:yes:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
With the overlap under the axle housing, the split mono leaf maintains the characteristics of a parabolic spring, but without the weight of the spring stack.
Monoleafs also have a curve though so they would be considered parabolic? So the only reason to run the split monos are for weight savings?

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Monoleafs also have a curve though so they would be considered parabolic? So the only reason to run the split monos are for weight savings?
No, typically a multi-leaf parabolic spring stack is tapered in a parabolic way rather than a linear. The tapering steps down in a parabolic manner, i.e. each progressive spring in the stack is shorter. Yes, the shape of the spring is also parabolical. This design keeps the spring flexible to allow the suspension to better articulate, but able to resist spring wrap under acceleration. The split mono leaf is able to emulate this without the spring stack, interleaf friction, and subsequent weight associated with multiple leaf stacks.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Calverts, Cal tracs, split springs.

I personally have never used any of their stuff,but all my drag racing buddies say they are a great company to work with for all your leaf spring traction needs!!! They have a line of shocks also.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts