Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Am In The Process Of Buying Some Wheels And Tires For My Car, I Was Told By The People At Tci That I Would Need To Get My Front Wheels Backspaced 4.25 And The Rears 4.5, Id Like To Know Tire Sizes And How They Fit If You Have Some American Torq Thust 2's, Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
The only way to know what your situation really is, is to measure your car to see what room you have to work with. You can make a simple tool out of angle iron and some all-thread to mock it up. There's been lots of articles on how measure and it's the only true way to know. People can give you ballpark sizes that generally work but to get it exactly right means figuring out maximum tire section width, diameter, and wheel backspacing to center everything in the wheel well. Most wheel manufacturers can make you a set of rims that fit your needs if you give them your measurements.

·
Premium Member
3,031 Posts
I agree with Seattle_Mike - measure and then measure again. I also made cardboard mock-ups for the sizes I was interested in. I have a TCI coil-spring front that I've converted to Air Ride Shockwaves with the longer control arms. The front wheels are 17x7 with 4.75" backspacing. Tires are 205/45's. The folks at TCI told me they ran a 235/40x16 tire on a 16x7 with 4.50 b.s. on the coil spring front clip with the 5/8 shortened control arms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts