Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
0 Posts
I have had the same one for about 8 years now & it still works great:yes::yes:

·
Registered
485 Posts
I use mine on my regular rides but not my show cars. Unless you are certin there is nothing on the paint to drag across it be careful is all

·
Registered
544 Posts
If you have an expensive paint job then do NOT use it. I have used them with no problems in the past but never use them anymore. If you have one bit of dirt or anything on the blade or car itself then you will have scratches from hell. Now if your paint is all orange peel and not too great to begin with then go all out and buy one but if you have a very high gloss and straight car then I strongly dissagree with them. The best thing you can use on your vehicle for drying is a bigger microcloth towel. Second best is an Absorber but microcloth is the most recommended. www.Towelpros.com have some of the best microcloth towels around with GREAT customer service from the owner himself. They are cheap and will last you for years with no fraying around the edges, no lint, no scratching. Just dont let dirt get into them because microfiber cloths pick up dirt easily (they are supposed to do this instead of drag the dirt around your car).

·
Registered
562 Posts
i own a mobile car wash and detain business i use the water blade, and micro fiber towels ever day. i kinda agree with the gentleman above. if you use the water blade make sure to replace it if it starts to get stiff. it will over time if it gets any sun or heat. i still go over the cars with a micro to finish off the drying process. the main thing with any detailing is never get dirt or grit in your wash mitt, brushes, or anything your dragging across your paint. micro fiber is the worst for picking up particles. water blade is great though as everyone stated above. and they do get expensive when you donate them to the streets.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I totally agree with the comments about the Water Blades. The major thing as someone else stated is make sure there is no dirt at all. My rule of thumb is I wipe the blade before I use it with a towel that I will not be using.They are a great thing to have.The micro-towels are also great .I use both everyday in my job...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts