Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On what pretence could an officer impound a car?
in my case, il admit i drive my registered and insured car but i dont have a drivers liscence, i have a provisional permit. can they impounded if i make a violation?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
i think they can impound you car almost any time the pull you over in Ca depending on the circumstances, but usually they wont bc its too much paper work, ive had a few friends get busted for some pretty serious things (one was a dui) he was nice to the officer and the cop called another friend to drive the car home instead of impounding it, he got really lucky in that case (was a 63 SS nova)
i wouldnt mess around like that in any car of mine.... bc once it goes to the yard you never know what will come back (or what wont) not to mention tons of $$$$$

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SuperSport said:
Yes, he could. If, you do not have a drivers license then you do not have insurance. I do not know of any insurance company that would insure an un-licensed driver.
well its insured under my dads name but my name is on the cars registration as well... i guess i wont be driving alone anymore. thx for the info.

i feel confident enough to take the driving test, only one thing is stopping me, my hazard lights dont work, i need to take the steering wheel apart so i can fix it. then i have fun:D ..well at least as my wallet permits me to buy gas for it:rolleyes:

sLOW63 said:
i think they can impound you car almost any time the pull you over in Ca depending on the circumstances, but usually they wont bc its too much paper work, ive had a few friends get busted for some pretty serious things (one was a dui) he was nice to the officer and the cop called another friend to drive the car home instead of impounding it, he got really lucky in that case (was a 63 SS nova)
i wouldnt mess around like that in any car of mine.... bc once it goes to the yard you never know what will come back (or what wont) not to mention tons of $$$$$.
i will say i wont drive my car while drunk...too much of a risk to loose such a car! well i guess it also depends on what kind of cop pulls you over. sooner or later il get one of the mean ones

·
Registered
42 Posts
Impound

If your driving wo a valid license, then yes they can impound your vehicle. That can get expensive and nerve racking if your car is impounded for 30 days at say $30 a day. Nevr mind that that little violation will cause your insurance to rise but it may also slow down your chance to get a valid dl.

As others have mentioned there are lots is legal reasons why the vehicle might get impounded, but no license is a no brainer for most cops. Think liability.
:cool:

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sr67ss said:
If your driving wo a valid license, then yes they can impound your vehicle. That can get expensive and nerve racking if your car is impounded for 30 days at say $30 a day. Nevr mind that that little violation will cause your insurance to rise but it may also slow down your chance to get a valid dl.

As others have mentioned there are lots is legal reasons why the vehicle might get impounded, but no license is a no brainer for most cops. Think liability.
:cool:
hmm i understand now, i really dont have money to take it out of the yard if it happens, i will not run the risk next time, i will let it sit on the street then:D thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts