Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
14,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this on Freiburgers site.

Friday Excuse to Go Home Early and Drink: Cash For Clunkers is Coming Again in California By Brian Lohnes Posted 03/13/09

Talk about the thing that wouldn’t die. The recurring nightmare known unofficially as the “Cash for Clunkers” program to get old cars off the road is going to be reintroduced by CARB again soon.

Yes, this time it is California specific, but again, once these programs get a toehold it’s time look out, because we’re headed down the slippery slope. This is an “enhanced” plan that is even more evil than the last one as cars are no longer required to fail a smog or emissions check to be eligible. That means that anyone who wants some quick cash for their old car could turn it in no questions asked. At least before, the car had to be running like crap for you to be able to ditch it.

California is in probably the worst financial shape of any state in the country. It’s a recognized freaking disaster, yet they are still clamoring to spend the money of the tax paying citizens to buy other people’s old cars.

What a country.

Start writing SEMA and hit the link here to read more about this junk.

Comments + Post your comment!

Written by dieselgeek Mar 13 2009

Maybe DF can do a redux of the Crusher Camaro story. This time include a chapter that shows how you can build a SBC that blows clean emissions with all kinds of aftermarket parts...

Written by BangShift Forum Admin Mar 13 2009

http://www.bangshift.com/blog/Frida...r-Clunkers-is-Coming-Again-in-California.html
+ View all comments on the Forum

* MSD
* GM Performance Parts
* Aeromotive
* Dart
* Air Ride

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
all im allowed to say is :mad: because i keep getting in trouble talking about these topics
LOL!!!!

everybody is entitled to their own opinion....:D

#^% CASH FOR CLUNKERS!!:mad::mad::devil:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Its only going to get worse,with the enticements Sacramento is throwing out there pretty soon we will have very little choice as to what we drive.All I can say for now is 2010 will be a house cleaning year in Sacramento.

·
Registered
809 Posts
The car enthusiasts here in Ca will have to start somewhere.Rent a billboard someplace with a website and some info.I know this is pretty extreme and expensive but so are smog laws for a 40 year old car.Some of the new laws floating around in the minds of these morons are only there to generate money,thats it.Im ready to start b!tchin,anybody else?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Heres a question for everybody.How often do you call 1-800-EXHAUST when you see a pollution controlled car smoking because its a POS?Everytime I see one of these smoking POS,I call the number.Sacramento has got such a hard on to get these cars off the road you would think law enforcement could start giving these cars tickets.Hey,thats an idea,works for me.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
rant

First they make us smog diesels :mad:

Then they DOUBLE the registration fees :mad:

Now they are trying this? :mad::mad::mad:

This states full of lose. :(

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Heres a question for everybody.How often do you call 1-800-EXHAUST when you see a pollution controlled car smoking because its a POS?Everytime I see one of these smoking POS,I call the number.Sacramento has got such a hard on to get these cars off the road you would think law enforcement could start giving these cars tickets.Hey,thats an idea,works for me.
I don't.

Most of those cars will see the scrap heap soon enough and if not there out of state. why make them go faster?

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
2 1/2 years and counting, the email will be the same but the address will no longer be in California. I am done:yes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts