Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these two components compatable? The Cal Tracs will help the straight line performance and the rear sway bar will add stability thru the turns, but should they be used together?

·
Registered
7 Posts
A lot of drag racers use a rear sway bar, it helps to load the passenger rear tire during hard launches. A FRONT sway bar should NOT be used for drag racing however because it hurts performance (you will see 60 foot times increase). I have a set of CalTrac bars on my 66, and I plan to use a rear sway bay. I have a 1" front sway bar, but I will disconnect it before I go out to the track. Good luck

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
njciscool said:
Why does a front swaybar hurt the 60 foot times? I'm not disagreeing I just want to understand how it hurts it...
I believe that if your car is trying to pull the driver's side front tire up, the sway bar is going to try to pull it back down, which may contribute to unloading the rear tires. I removed mine, plus it's just another piece of dead weight I don't need to be hauling down the track. I think my swaybar + the hardware was about 10 lbs.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
132 Posts
It also makes your front suspension react slower due to the bar having to rotate inside its own bushings as the a-arms drop when the front end rises.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts